Drought, & Well Testing Related FAQ's
- Why do I keep running out of water?
- Is my well going dry?
- My well is dry, what do I do?
- Will a storage tank solve the problem of a low yield well?
- Do I need to test the yield/water quality from my well or spring?
- I'm in the process of purchasing property that is supplied with water from a well. What should I check in regard to the well?
Pumping & Well System FAQ's
- Why are there so many different types of pumps? A pump is just a pump isn't it?
- How many years should my pump last?
- My well pump does not build up to pressure and turn off , what's wrong?
- I own a well and sometimes when I'm using water, it will completely stop and then start coming again a second later. What is happening?
- Why should I pay extra money for the additional ground wire or a surge protector for my pump when it is located in the aquifer, one of the best grounds available?
- My sump pump won't turn off, even though it has drained everything.
- We keep getting air in our water lines making toilets and faucets sputter & spit. Today the water pressure is down to a trickle. What's wrong?
- When I start using water my pump begins clicking and the gauge quickly oscillates between 20- 50psi in rhythm with the clicking as the pump turns off and on very rapidly
Energy Saving FAQ's
- Does the Water I use impact my electricity bill?
- Can I reduce the amount of energy/cost to pump water?
- Are Variable Frequency Drives or Constant Pressure pump systems a way to save energy? Are they "greener"?
- Is a Jet pump or a Submersible pump more efficient at pumping water from a well?
- How can I reduce the cost of my well pump replacement or well pump service call?
- Why would I need or want a water tank or storage system?
- Where does my water come from?
- Does a pressure tank "make" or "increase" the amount of pressure in my water pipes?
Water System FAQ's
- What kind of water system do I have?
- Can the county/state regulate my water system?
- What requirements does a regulated water system need to meet?
Water Quality FAQ's
- Why is my water cloudy?
- Why does my water smell like rotten eggs?
- What is a charcoal filter?
- How do I remove pathogenic organisms (bacteria) from water?
- What is Reverse Osmosis filtration used for?
- Why do I have green staining on my fixtures?
- Is hard water bad? Do I need a water softener?
- What are the red stains from in my sinks and toilet bowls?